Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Naturally Intimate Linens

Welcome.

This blog is the start of something new, while at the same time it is what comes next in the creation of a business that has been six years in the making. My first post explains How It All Began.

Like most things that happen in life, the events that brought me to this point did not occur in a straight line. I moved to a new house in the woods after 29 years in the same house in the city, earned a Master of Social Work degree, watched all three of my children grow into adults who make me proud every day, and tried to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life.

The decision to pursue a business has not been an easy one. Last spring and summer I took a series of workshops through an organization called Women, Work, and Community (WWC). Then last fall I took an entrepreneurship skills class called "New Ventures" through WWC, where I met some amazing people with wonderful ideas for small businesses of their own.

It is because of the support from the staff at WWC and the encouragement of my classmates that I have decided to take this leap.

Today I would like to announce the start of my business, Naturally Intimate Linens, which produces eco-friendly textiles. My flagship product is the IntiMat, which is a trademarked towel made of 100% organic cotton terry cloth and for sale here http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10719852 in my etsy store.

This blog will be the journal of what I learn as I create new products and build my business.

Ready, set, go!

4 comments:

Kitty said...

Congratulations, Sharon, and much success with your venture.

And what a great idea for a product. It's hard to believe no one's done it before.

Cindy said...

Wow Sharon, what a great idea! So glad you went ahead with this idea. I can see how there would be problems with marketing in some places, and the etsy shop was a great way to circumvent that. Still, I think you could sell this in linen shops and other places. I have been curious about your product for a while now, and am so surprised at the originality of it! Best of luck!

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Sharon,
This is wonderful. What a beautiful, soulful, nourishing idea! It suits you and I wish you the best as you give birth to this new child of your heart. And don't forget to enjoy!!!

Oryx said...

Sharon!!! You are so wonderful - I swear. Brave, bold, beautiful.
More Love, Less Mess;)